What vitamins do smokers need to drink
Fans of pulling in cigarettes know how harmful smoking is. They regularly see this when they look at themselves in the mirror. Dry skin, yellowish teeth, brittle hair do not add to the attractiveness. With such problems, you can fight and even return to its former beauty, if you choose the right vitamins for smokers.
What happens in the body
Smoking a cigarette smoker receives a dose of nicotine. Together with it about 4000 more harmful substances contained in tobacco smoke enter the body. Such components gradually destroy all systems.
Tobacco tar is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, worsening the transportation of useful substances and oxygen. During smoking, free radicals are formed in the body, disrupting metabolic processes, worsening the work of the circulatory and nervous systems, and sometimes leading to mutations.
Tobacco smoke is a poison for the body, which not only impairs the conductivity of nutrients through the vessels, but also destroys vitamins. Lovers of delay suffer from a deficiency of vitamin C, A, E, group B.
What vitamins are not enough for smokers
A person who does not receive enough vitamins, is faced with the development of diseases, ranging from the common cold and ending with oncology. Against the background of beriberi, the condition of the skin, nails, teeth, hair deteriorates. To restore health, you need to understand what kind of vitamin is missing in the body of a smoker, and fill its deficit.
Doctors say the lack of the following components among fans of dragging on a cigarette:
1. Vitamin C. Along with nicotine, metal ions enter the body, destroying vitamin C. Therefore, smokers are always deficient in this substance. Lack of ascorbic acid leads to a decrease in immunity, weakening of the body, the appearance of pain in the joints, bleeding gums, frequent colds, headaches.
Vitamin C is necessary for smokers
2. Vitamin A. Regular smoking leads to a decrease in retinol (or vitamin A). Such losses result in the appearance of night blindness, a deterioration of the immune defense. Against the background of vitamin A deficiency, collagen synthesis is reduced. The lack of this substance leads to the loss of elasticity and elasticity of the skin, premature aging and early appearance of wrinkles.
3. Beta-carotene. This component is not a vitamin, but in the human body it turns into retinol. The benefits of beta-carotene are not only in saturation of tissues with vitamin A. The substance protects against the penetration of bacteria, serves as a preventive measure for oncology, and reduces the risk of cholesterol plaque formation. The component is simply necessary for men’s health. It normalizes the prostate gland, improves sexual function.
4. Vitamin E (tocopherol). It serves as a powerful antioxidant that can fight free radicals. Tocopherol deficiency leads to fragility of blood vessels, the formation of blood clots, the appearance of wrinkles and early aging. Against the background of a prolonged lack of vitamin E, it may develop: cataract, oncology, arthritis, heart disease.
5. Vitamins of group B. These substances are involved in blood formation, affect the work of the nervous system. If vitamins of group B are not replenished in time in smoking, then the person becomes irritable, nervous. Impaired functioning of the circulatory system leads to the development of anemia and a decrease in hemoglobin.
6. Vitamin D. It is responsible for bone health. If the body does not have enough vitamin D, then the natural absorption of calcium and phosphorus is disturbed. Bone tissue that does not receive the desired minerals becomes brittle. Disruption of calcium and phosphorus metabolism leads to gum disease, teeth, frequent bone fractures, the development of osteoporosis.
How to fill the deficit
To restore the lack of nutrients can be with the help of diet. The diet is enriched with foods rich in essential vitamins.
Smoking is harmful to health
Table – Useful products for smokers
Vitamins What foods contain
kiwi, strawberries, oranges;
spinach, red cabbage;
lemons, tangerines, grapefruit.
And fish oil;
pork liver, beef;
Beta Carotene Carrot;
parsley, celery, spinach, sorrel;
mango, melon, apricots;
sweet pepper, broccoli;
garlic, green onions.
E Sunflower, corn, linseed, soybean oil;
hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews;
buckwheat, oatmeal, semolina;
Group B Turkey;
spinach, various types of cabbage;
D Fish oil;
With the help of one food to restore the shortage of nutrients is difficult. Therefore, cigarette lovers are recommended to use special complexes.